If you’ve recently purchased a MetroPCS phone, you’ll need to activate it before you can start using your new gadget. That’s not too difficult though, so long as you have the correct information. This article will provide all of the important information you need to know about MetroPCS phone activation. We’ll teach you how to activate your new phone quickly and easily.
When you purchase a MetroPCS phone, something called the “SIM card” is included with your purchase. This is a little card that contains information about you and your account. Without it, your phone will not be able to connect to the network. Of course, you can’t do anything with this thing until you activate it. Continue reading to find out how to activate your MetroPCS phone for free.
How To Activate A MetroPCS Phone for Free (Guideline)
When you are ready if you want to activate a MetroPCS phone for free, follow the guidelines listed below. The activation process is simple and easy.
1. Gathering all the information:
The first thing that you should do when attempting to activate a MetroPCS phone for free is to take a look at your receipt. It will have a few important pieces of information on it, one being an authorization code. This code was provided to you by the salesperson when you purchased your phone and it will be included with your sales receipt. We recommend taking a picture of this code before doing anything else because it will save time later on in the process if need be.
Also, you need to make sure you have all of the necessary information before beginning the process of activate a MetroPCS phone for free. The new phone, SIM card, and any other required data, such as name, address, or account PIN, are all included in the report. It’s a different story if you don’t have your SIM card or if you’re bringing your phone to MetroPCS.
2. Finding The Serial Numbers:
To completely activate a phone on MetroPCS for free, one must submit the new SIM card’s serial number as well as the new phone’s serial number. The SIM card’s serial number may be found on the SIM card itself, as well as on the plastic card that comes with the SIM. The phone’s serial number is known as the IMEI, and it may be found in a variety of locations, including the retail box, within the phone (behind the battery), and in the device settings menu on the phone.
3. Installing The SIM Card:
Inserting the SIM card into your phone and following a few specific procedures is required to activate your phone on MetroPCS for free. It is important to know that all phone models are unique and differ substantially when it comes to the procedure of inserting a SIM card. There’s no need to be concerned because you can always look up instructions for inserting a SIM card for your specific phone model online.
4. Choosing The Right Plan:
You may browse the MetroPCS website to see all of the projects that are available for your smartphone. You can quickly see what is accessible to you on the platform, starting with the fundamentals. You may look at all of the costs, which range from low to high. Finally, you may choose the plan that best matches your budget and requirements. It’s important to remember that these plans aren’t set in stone and can be modified at any time if necessary.
5. Activating on the MetroPCS:
The last step in activating a MetroPCS phone is to either go to the MetroPCS online activation page or call customer service to talk with them about the activation. You’ll need to utilize all of the information you’ve acquired over time, such as the SIM card number, IMEI, and plan you’ve chosen, among other things. This information would help the customer support to carry out your activation smoothly.
Activation With an Active Metro by T-Mobile Account
You only need to switch your SIM card if you already have a Metro by T-Mobile account and require service on a new phone. Otherwise, you can contact Metro by T-Mobile to get a SIM card without switching your current plan.
Your Metro by T-Mobile account may be associated with one or more phones. If your phone is lost, stolen, or replaced before using the SIM card, you’ll need to switch your plan first before activating a new phone. No matter what phone you have, you’ll need to activate the device on Metro by T-Mobile before it can be used. You can check your phone compatibility HERE
If you are sure of your phone’s compatibility follow the steps below to proceed:
- Start by removing your SIM Card from your old phone. To remove the tiny tray on your phone, use a SIM removal tool. It looks like a little circular rod with a handle and should come with your new phone in the package. It’s accessible in the same compartment as the replaceable battery in certain older phones.
- Now open the SIM Card tray in the new phone. To correctly eject your new phone, follow the instructions that came with it. Don’t try to fix the phone with a needle or other sharp objects. Many phones contain plastic or rubber within these ejection holes, and water ingress can occur if they are damaged.
- You should then insert the SIM card into the new phone following the manufacturer’s instructions. One of the corners has a notch that is used to ensure that the alignment is proper.
- Turn on your new phone and wait for a while for the phone to complete its setup. If the setup is complete check to see if it is connected.
The T-Mobile network has the advantage of not requiring you to activate each device individually or pay activation fees. Your device is up to you after your SIM card is activated.
Activation With a New Metro by T-Mobile Account
Go to the Metro by T-Mobile Self-Service Centre online. You can complete the process of activating your new account. You can also make changes to your account from here. Although the connection functionality may be a little unstable sometimes, activating a new account using this way would be easy. If it works, just input your account and phone details and complete the next steps to activate everything. If that doesn’t work, try the method below.
1. Activate a Metro Device
The fastest way to get your Metro device activated is by phone. Perhaps, it is the most expedient option.
- To Activate your phone, dial 228 on your Metro device.
- You will be presented with some instructions, follow the instructions, and enter your account information as required.
- You will be billed for the first time and after that, your account will be activated.
You can also seek help from a shop. This will be the most convenient choice because an employee will be able to guide you through each stage. On the Metro by T-Mobile website, you may find the shop closest to you.
To complete the activation process, sign in online with your Metro by T-Mobile Phone Number and account Pin.
2. Bringing A Device from Another Carrier
If you want to maintain your phone number, you’ll need to do a little extra work if you wish to bring a phone from another carrier. Metro by T-Mobile requires you to come into the shop to finish the setup. You’ll be able to buy a SIM card and complete your account activation here. You’ll need your former carrier’s account details to transfer your number.
If the website loads successfully, you may be able to complete this procedure by ticking the box under “Activate your new account” on Metro’s self-service page. To complete the form, you’ll need your account details, as well as information on your phone and SIM card.
If you already have a Metro SIM card with a phone number and your phone is unlocked and not on another carrier, you should be able to use it right away.
You can always get in touch with the customer service on 1-888-8Metro8 (1-888-863-8768) if you still need help.
MetroPCS Activation Fee (MetroPCS Activation code)
This activation fee sometimes accompanies the purchase of a new cellular device which you will unlock after activating it with your wireless service provider. This may also become necessary, for example, if you are upgrading to a higher tier plan or adding additional lines to your account. Each wireless company has slightly different rules and procedures in regards to activation fees, so it is important to confirm these fees before you order
MetroPCS does not charge an activation fee if you are upgrading to a new device or adding lines to your account. However, when you purchase a new phone, please note that MetroPCS will only allow the addition of one additional line per month at this time. As long as you do not exceed this restriction (you may either reduce the number of lines on your account or purchase an additional SIM card), there will be no activation fees for adding lines to your account.
But take note that MetroPCS will charge a $15 fee when an active subscriber switches from one phone to another.
How to Manually Activate a MetroPCS Phone After a Month of Use
MetroPCS has a broad range of phones to choose from, including smartphones and phones with touchscreens, music players, and texting features. In contrast to a customer activating a fresh device, reactivating a MetroPCS phone is the process of starting service on a previously used MetroPCS smartphone. No of how long you’ve owned the phone, you may add it as an additional line on an account, establish a new account, or modify the phone already listed on your phone number.
Just follow the simple steps below;
- Step 1: From a phone other than the one you want to activate, dial 1-888-8-Metro-8. Give the representative your name, address, and the ESN or MEID number found behind the battery of your phone. The representative will walk you through the process of reactivating and programming the phone.
- Step 2: From the phone, you’re activating, dial “*228” When the system prompts you, provide an eight-digit code, your name, and your address. The phone will be configured with your information and an account will be created for you. If the phone to be reactivated is a BlackBerry or other smartphone, this option will not function.
- Step 3: To activate the phone online, go to the MetroPCS website. Select “Activate” from the drop-down menu. Complete the online setup procedures, including entering your name, address, security details, and phone information (such as the serial number and model number). The setup includes online instructions for locating this phone number.
Phones Compatible with MetroPCS
The MetroPCS network supports a plethora of phones that are compatible with the system, online most compatible models. Customers who are interested in purchasing an unlocked phone can start with one of these best MetroPCS phones. These mobile devices typically offer faster data speeds, more storage space, and sometimes even special offers exclusive to each model.
MetroPCS is owned by T-Mobile and has recently been relaunched as Metro-by-T-Mobile. T-network Mobile is used by the firm to provide coverage for T-Mobile phones. T-network Mobile’s is based on the GSM standard. If your phone is GSM compatible, it will almost certainly function on MetroPCS. Furthermore, certain phones support both GSM and CDMA, so if you have one, it may be compatible with MetroPCS.
Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Apple, Nokia, LG, ZTE, Realme, Google, and OnePlus are among the manufacturers that presently provide MetroPCS compatible phones. On their website, you can discover a list of all compatible MetroPCS phones for sale.
What are the best MetroPCS Plans?
MetroPCS offers a variety of low-cost cell phone options to both new and current users. The plans have set prices, although you may be eligible for discounts at certain periods of the year. Metro PCS phone discounts are mostly intended for existing customers to thank them for utilizing their services, as well as prospective consumers to persuade them to stay with MetroPCS.
Some of the plans offered are;
- $30/month Plan: You receive 2 GB of high-speed data per line with this package. Assurance wireless, a Metro by T-mobile company, also offers free lifeline services and a smartphone to California residents.
- $40/month Plan: This package includes limitless music, 10 GB of high-speed internet, and access to a 5G network.
- $50/month Plan: You receive unlimited high-speed internet, 5G connectivity, 5 GB hotspot data, and a 100 GB Google One subscription with this package. The package also includes discounts according to how many lines you add. You may save up to $50 on up to five lines.
- $60/month Plan: MetroPCS offers this as a premium plan. You receive unlimited high-speed internet, 5G connectivity, 15 GB of hotspot bandwidth, a 100 GB Google One subscription, and an Amazon Prime membership with this package. You can receive the best prices on shopping, fast shipping, limitless entertainment, and much more with an Amazon Prime subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I bring my phone to MetroPCS?
MetroPCS allows customers to use their phone as long as it is compatible with the network. But even if your phone is compatible, you must keep some things in mind. This includes;
- The phone must be unlocked and even that it is locked, it must first be unlocked before it is accepted.
- You must use the same Network technology as that of the MetroPCS
- The phone should not be blacklisted. Thus, it should not be reported as lost or stolen
Can a locked phone work with MetroPCS?
Locked phones can only connect to one network. If your phone was previously locked to Verizon, you may need to contact them to get it unlocked before it can work with MetroPCS.
Can I get a free phone from MetroPCS?
No. MetroPCS, on the other hand, provides discounts on a variety of phones, including the Samsung Galaxy A10 and many more. They may also give free phones to new and current customers at certain times of the year.
MetroPCS is the first major wireless carrier to agree to a merger with T-Mobile. With all of MetroPCS’ phones being compatible with the T-Mobile network, it’s easy for users to transition to this brand. MetroPCS has forward-thinking options like IHOP Unlimited Data which allows unlimited data for fast streaming of videos, music, or games instead of eating meals at their restaurants.
MetroPCS is a popular Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) with a straightforward phone activation process. When compared to starting a phone from other service providers, the process is automated and quick. If the procedure becomes tedious, MetroPCS provides dependable customer assistance.
Other amazing features of the service provider include 5G connectivity, unlimited call and text, unlimited music streaming, and much more. They also support BYOP for a variety of phones, making it easier for consumers to call and activate their phones.