Your privacy can be preserved discretely with an iPhone passcode. However, you may forget your iPhone passcode after you’ve changed it, or you may discover that your iPhone passcode isn’t functioning for whatever reason. So, what should you do if you can’t remember your iPhone passcode? When you forget your passcode or want to sell your iPhone, it usually allows you to execute a factory reset to delete all of the data on it. However, since you can’t access the iPhone settings and do a factory reset without the passcode, how do you factory reset a locked iPhone?
Even though you can unlock your iPhone using fingerprint authentication or Touch ID/Face ID, you’ll still need to input the passcode if you want to factory reset it to erase all data, or if you want to restart it, update the system software, or swipe up to unlock it. Furthermore, if you forget your passcode and input it incorrectly ten times, your iPhone will be disabled.
As a result, if you wish to erase all data on your iPhone without entering a passcode, or if you are locked out of your device and need to factory reset your iPhone to restart, follow this piece for the best advice on how to erase/wipe an iPhone without a passcode.
How to Factory Reset iPhone When Locked – Easy Ways
1) Using iTunes
The easiest way to delete your iPhone without a passcode is to use iTunes/Finder. It’s Apple’s patented device management software that allows customers to back up and restore their devices to factory settings. You may restore your locked iPhone and wipe it without a passcode using iTunes.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Update iTunes or Finder to the most recent version.
- Step 2: Check to see if your iPhone is connected to your PC.
- Step 3: Enter Recovery Mode on your iPhone.
- To switch off your iPhone X or later, press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons together. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the side button down until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- To switch off your iPhone 7/7 Plus, press and hold the side button. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while pressing and holding the Volume Down button until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- For iPhone SE (1st generation)/iPhone 6s and previous models: To turn off your iPhone, press and hold the side (or top) button. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while pressing and holding the Home button until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- Step 4: Use this iTunes/Finder to restore your iPhone. In Finder or iTunes: Locate your iPhone > Select Restore iPhone from the drop-down menu > The latest iOS software for your iPhone can be downloaded via the Finder or iTunes.
- Step 5: Re-activate your iPhone. You can now follow the procedures to re-set up your iPhone, and it will be deleted and set up as a new phone.
This technique may only work if you’ve previously synced with iTunes, because if this is your first time syncing, your iPhone will ask you to trust this computer, which will need you to unlock your iPhone with a passcode.
2) Using a Passcode or iTunes via Anylock
Should you not be able to delete the iPhone without a passcode using the methods above, you can use AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlocker, a third-party app. With only a few simple clicks, you can delete the passcode without having to enter it. This tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. The most recent version of iOS 14, iOS 14, is supported
AnyUnlock is a professional iPhone unlocking tool that not only unlocks a locked iPhone without a passcode, but also removes the Apple ID if you forget it. Furthermore, it provides a simple and effective way to
Method for removing the Screen Time passcode. Furthermore, removing or retrieving the iTunes backup passcode using AnyUnlock will be as simple as counting 1.2.3.
You can now download the latest version of AnyUnlock and immediately unlock the locked iPhone. With AnyUnlock, you can delete your iPhone without a passcode by following the following steps.
- Connect your iPhone to the software and launch it > Unlock Screen Passcode by clicking the button.
- To put your iPhone into recovery mode, follow the on-screen instructions.
- For your device model, download the iOS firmware.
- Click Unlock Now after the firmware has finished downloading.
- Then AnyUnlock will begin unlocking on its own. Wait a few moments, and you’ll see the screen passcode has been successfully deleted below. Also, the iPhone will be deleted and updated to the most recent version of iOS.
3) Using iCloud to Wipe
You may use iCloud to erase or wipe your iPhone without a passcode if you have Find My iPhone enabled on your iPhone.
Using iCloud to delete iPhone data without a passcode:
- In a web browser, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your iCloud account.
- Then select “All Devices” from the “Find My iPhone” menu.
- Choose your iPhone from the drop-down menu.
- Then, on the “Remove iPhone” screen, select “Erase iPhone” to erase all data from your iPhone.
4) Using DFU Mode
Users can reset their iOS devices using one of two recovery modes provided by Apple. You may restore your iPhone to any version of iOS using DFU mode.
Here’s how to use DFU mode to delete your iPhone without a passcode.If you connect your iPhone to your computer, iTunes should automatically start; if it does not, please switch on iTunes on your computer.
Now, force your iPhone into DFU mode by pressing the buttons. DFU mode on the iPhone displays a completely dark screen, which differs from Recovery mode.
You must use ipsw.me to download the iOS firmware on your computer.
You may now update the iOS firmware on your iPhone using iTunes. You should exit DFU mode after it has finished installing.
It’s possible that completing this advice will take some time. When it’s done, you might be able to acquire a brand-new iPhone with a brand-new operating system.
That’s all there is to know about how to reset your iPhone if you forget the screen passcode. To restore your iPhone, first try iTunes or Finder on your Mac computer. When your iPhone is disabled, you can use AnyUnlock to gain access to a locked iPhone without using the passcode or iTunes. Now is the time to download it and unlock your iPhone!