If you have an iPhone and an Android phone, you’re probably used to switching back and forth between your two devices. Have you ever found yourself needing the password to access the network on your phone but had no idea what it was? If you’ve ever found yourself in this situation, no matter how long ago it happened, chances are you were forced to do something that wasn’t nearly as easy to figure out.
Devices running iOS and Android use different operating systems, so sometimes you can’t connect to the same WiFi network on both devices. It’s time to find out how to share the same WIFI password between an iPhone and Android device. While the idea is certainly one that most users know they can do after trial and error, they often don’t realize that it’s a relatively simple process.
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Android without App
WiFi passwords are a pain to share. You have to keep on typing them or send a photo of them. But you don’t have to do that anymore, because we’ve found a way. We give you 5 easy methods on how to share WiFi password from iPhone to Android without an app.
- Method 1: Open your WiFi settings as well as the other person’s phone and search for the saved network on both devices. Then enter the same password and enjoy an internet connection.
- Method 2: Enter your WiFi settings as well as the other person’s phone then tap “share password” in your device for both devices. Now please enter username and password then just click “OK” or cancel when finished.
- Method 3: Find the network you want to share in your iPhone then tap “Manage Network” in the corner of the screen. Please click “edit” on the right-hand side. Then enter the password then tap “Save“.
- Method 4: You can also share your WiFi password via iMessage by choosing the option that says, “WiFi Password, scan QR code.” And after that, you will be able to easily transfer your WiFi passwords via iMessage to any person no matter if they are using an iPhone or not.
- Method 5: You can also use Dropbox or other services to upload WIFI password files to your cloud which you share with friends. Then everyone can easily download it when needed.
Sharing passwords should be done cautiously and sparingly. For security reasons, you may not wish to share your password in some circumstances.
How to Share A WiFi Passwords from iPhone to Android
We looked at how to share WiFi password from iPhone to Android without using any app above. We will now look at how we can share WiFi passwords from iPhones to android using third-party apps. Let’s say you are traveling abroad and your iPhone is all your connection to the internet. But international data roaming might be pricey. What do you do? Well, there are many ways to get around this. One method you can use is by downloading the Qrafter app, Visual Codes app, or reading apps for Android devices that will be used to share your iPhone WiFi QR code to other android devices.
Let’s look at how this can be done using the various apps.
1. Share WiFi QR Code Using Qrafter App
The answer is the Qrafter app. It generates a QR code for you, which can then be scanned by friends who also have the app installed on their phones. When the scan button is pressed, it will show an overlay of your screen with your WiFi name and password ready to be copied. This way you can avoid manually typing in WiFi passwords for them. All they have to do is open up their camera and point it at the QR code on the screen.
Follow the steps below to share your Wifi QR code using the Qrafter App:
- Step 1: Download and Install the Qrafter app.
- Step 2: After installing the app, open it and click on the Create button.
- Step 3: Select and Click your WiFi Network.
- Step 4: A QR code would be generated, send the QR code to the Android device you want to share with through text, email, or any other way available to you. With the help of a QR scanning app, the individual with the android can access your WiFi network.
2. Share WiFi QR Code Using Visual Codes App
You’re at a cafe with your laptop, but the WiFi password is not working. Do you know what this means? It means it’s time to learn about QR codes. You can use an app like Visual Codes to create one-time or secure passwords on your device, scan any text for its secret link, and share them with friends and family. This is a completely free process. So, whether you need to create a new password for WiFi or are just looking for another way of communicating securely on the go, this app will be invaluable to you.
Please follow the steps outlined below to share your Wifi QR code using the Visual Codes App:
- Step 1: Download and Install the Visual Codes app.
- Step 2: Open the app and click on Add Code.
- Step 3: Then select on Connect WiFi.
- Step 4: From the list of available networks, choose the particular Wifi network with the password you would like to share.
- Step 5: A QR code would be generated, send the QR code to the Android device you want to share with through text, email, or any other way available to you. With the help of a QR scanning app, the individual with the android can access your WiFi network.
Reset your network settings if the Android device cannot still connect to your WiFi network and try connecting again.
3. QR Code Reading Apps For Android Devices
If you own a modern Android device, chances are good that it has a QR code reader installed. If you’re looking for the best of the best, here’s a quick rundown on what to download.
- QuickMark – Simple and easy to use with readout at the bottom of your screen as you scroll through listings on your smartphone or tablet’s screen.
- QR Droid – Automatically checks for any codes within a five-mile radius and saves them to your device’s camera roll as well as displaying them on top of the labels for clothing at popular retail outlets.
- ScanLife – offers four different modes: Barcode Scanner, Business Card Scanner, Data Matrix Barcode Reader, and QR Code Reader.
How to Sharing Your WiFi
If you have WiFi on your home network, you have the option of sharing that connection with other devices. This can be a great way to eliminate data charges and ensure friends and family members in the range have a secure connection.
It’s a challenging process to share your WiFi network with family and friends, but it doesn’t have to be. Sharing your WiFi network is quite easy, but you might need some help from a few additional apps and gadgets so you can keep an eye on who’s in the house when they shouldn’t be.
1. Sharing Your WiFi Password on iOS
Think of all the ways you could benefit from sharing your WiFi password with friends. That WiFi password will let them join your network, and it’ll also give them access to files, data they’ve saved on the device, and the photos and videos they’ve taken with their camera roll. And if you can’t remember your WiFi password, there’s a chance nearby networks have a weaker signal than yours does.
For people to use these features though, they need to have admin privileges on the device in question. So, if you don’t have that privilege, they can’t use it. If multiple people in the house have admin rights, it makes sense to share the WiFi password for everyone to have everyone benefits from the appropriate features.
To share your WiFi passwords on iOS follow the simple steps below;
1. For the person wanting to join the WiFi network:
- Step 1: Locate and tap on Settings on your Home screen.
- Step 2: Next, you tap on WiFi.
- Step 3: Then select the particular WiFi network you want to join.
2. For the person sharing the WiFi network connection:
- Step 1: Unlock your phone and hold it close to the recipient’s phone.
- Step 2: A pop up will appear with a notification request asking if you want to share your WiFi password (Make sure this request is from the same phone you want to share your network with).
- Step 3: Then you tap on Share Password.
2. Sharing Your WiFi Password on Android
It’s never easy when you’re out with friends and someone asks if they can use your WiFi password. You hand over your phone, type in the password, and then hesitate before handing it back. That’s when you see their face morph into confusion as they try to figure out where to find the password on their phone.
Android devices are some of the most popular on the market, but what are some tips for sharing WiFi passwords on Android devices? We’ll share a few tips for this process. It’s important to keep in mind that your Android smartphone must be running Android 10 or above. It’s done via QR codes and the recipient phone’s default camera app.
The steps below show how to share your WiFi password on Android:
- Step 1: Go to Settings on your phone.
- Step 2: Locate and tap on Network & Internet.
- Step 3: Tap on the WiFi option and choose the name of the network you want to share.
- Step 4: Then tap on the QR or Share button.
- Step 5: A QR code would be generated. Now the other person can just use the phone camera to scan the QR code for the connection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you share your WiFi password from iPhone to iPad?
If you’re using an iPhone and an iPad, you can share your WiFi password using the same procedures as stated above.
Can you share your WiFi password from iPhone to Android?
Yes. You’ll need to follow various procedures since Android smartphones don’t run on the iOS operating system. To begin, you’ll need to get a QR code generator for your iPhone. You can use apps like Visual Codes or Qrafter.
You’ll be able to create a QR code for your home WiFi password as soon as you open the app. Simply open the QR code on your iPhone and scan it with the Android smartphone when you wish to give the password to an Android device. You may use your camera or a QR scanner app to scan it. On Android, a message may appear to confirm a network connection.
Can you share your WiFi password from MacBook to iPhone?
Yes. You can share your wifi passwords from a MacBook to an iPhone. These are both products of Apple hence it’s easier for sharing WiFi passwords and other file transfers and data backups.
Nothing is more amazing than adding some new knowledge to what you already know. We hope by going through this article, you know the various ways by which you can share your WiFi passwords with your friends and family be it within iOS or from iOS to Android.
If you like this article and want it to be better, please write a comment and we will try our best to make the posting better and more useful for everyone in the future.