The market for phone users has seen a spike in demand over the years. How do unlock a phone to any network for free since telecommunication companies have realized this spike and seek to wreak huge profits from this market demand and the way they came up with to do that is to run promotions that are specifically targeted at the phone market. Now what they do is to put modified mobile phones on the market at reduced prices that are restricted to the use of only their network.
This is a major headache to users since it does not give them the freedom and liberty to switch between any other network of their choice. If you’ve ever had a phone that was locked or restricted to one network and tried to break into it, then this article is for you. Keep reading and we’ll provide you with a simple step-by-step guide on how to alleviate yourself from this headache.
How to Unlock a Phone to Any Network for Free
Getting your phone carrier locked is one of the worst things that can happen, especially if you don’t think there’s anything you can do about it. But this isn’t entirely accurate. There are a few options for resolving this issue or providing assistance in situations when the Smartphone is carrier-locked. This issue frequently needs the assistance of the carrier or network, but it is readily resolved.
To be certain and exact about whether or not the phone is SIM locked, call the carrier and ask if the phone is carrier-locked. Before that, you may test the phone for yourself by inserting a new SIM card and seeing if it works. If the problem remains even while using different SIM cards, the phone is most likely carrier-locked.
Now that we know how to verify if a phone is SIM locked, we must also learn how to unlock an Android phone for use with a different carrier. Unlocking carrier-locked phones is not difficult, and there are a few techniques for doing it.
Part 1- Requesting Unlocking from the Carrier
Getting in touch with the carrier and requesting them to unlock the SIM-locked phone is one of the better choices. To do so, you must first determine whether the phone is SIM locked, then determine whether the phone can be unlocked and whether you are eligible to unlock the phone.
For Smartphones purchased on contract, there is an eligibility condition in the contract that states that if a specified period has not yet expired, the user must pay a termination fee to break the contract and be allowed to use any SIM on the device after receiving the unlock code. This procedure comes with both advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Requesting Unlocking from the Carrier:
- This is the most effective method for unlocking carrier-locked devices.
- This is legal, and everything takes place according to the contract’s terms.
Disadvantages of Requesting Unlocking from the Carrier:
- Even network providers or carriers may refuse to unlock Smartphones in some cases.
- There is a time limit beyond which, if the phone is not unlocked, a termination fee will be charged.
Part 2- Using an Unlocking Service Provided by A Third Party
You may have noticed that many smartphones are now sold with a SIM lock. This means that you can only use your handset on the carrier on which it was purchased for the first six months of ownership unless you get help from an unlocking service provided by a third party.
The unlocking service allows you to unlock your smartphone so it can be used on any carrier, anywhere in the world. It is important to note that an unlocked handset will not work on some networks, so make sure you check compatibility before purchasing your device. Unlocking also voids any warranty offered by your phone manufacturer, so be sure to read up beforehand and take precautions against possible damage during the process.
Unfortunately, there are some nasty individuals out there that try to bilk victims out of their hard-earned money. If you have found an unlocking service on the Internet, please do some further research before giving them your money. Many of these services are scams, and many of the stories you read about having your handset unlocked are pure fiction.
Advantages of Using Service Provided by a Third Party:
- Unlocking your phone allows you to easily switch between your old and new carrier, as well as move data from one device to another (e.g., moving contacts and/or apps). Typically, these services let you use an app like Helium or GoToMyPC’s, Transfer My Number service. Sometimes, there is a restocking fee if you don’t want your old phone back.
- A third-party unlocking service is a very convenient option if you have more than one phone or travel frequently without your devices with you
Disadvantages of Using Service Provided by a Third Party:
Third-party services are a fantastic way to save time and effort, but they can also cause problems for businesses. They include outsourcing work to a third-party provider; the service provider is not fully in your control. Third parties can have skills and capabilities that complement your business, but they may also have skills that are incompatible with your requirements.
There are other considerations as well: third party services may lack expertise or experience in key areas related to what you do, which could hinder the outcome of the project; prices for their services might be higher than if you used internal resources; their reputation might not be as good as yours – both internally and externally.
- This might result in legal action being taken against the user.
- Professional Smartphone unlock service providers are tough to come by.
- Another thing to consider is the dependability of such service providers.
Unlocking an Android Phone to Any Network
Have you ever gotten a brand-new Android phone and wanted to be able to use it on the different networks your travels take you? Well, if so, we’ve got great news for you. There is a way to unlock the android phone so that it can operate on any network. When attempting to change the network carrier on our phones, many of us have encountered the problem of the Android SIM being locked. This becomes a significant issue, and you get concerned about how to unlock an Android phone.
We will focus on providing a solution to a problem that many people are faced with. You may easily replace your SIM with any other network carrier and use it once it has been unlocked. There are several free unlocking techniques accessible, but if they don’t work, you’ll have to pay for one of the other premium services available online. These paid services are also accessible at affordable prices that anybody may afford. So, let’s take a look at some of the most successful methods for unlocking an Android phone’s SIM card.
Method 1- Unlocking Network Lock In An Android
You may contact your network operator to get your Android phone unlocked for use with other carriers. Almost every network carrier offers this service for free. Before you start, you’ll need to know your phone’s unique IMEI number. Open your dialer and dial *#06# if you haven’t already. Your IMEI number will be revealed as a result of this. Once you have this number,
Follow the steps below to learn how to unlock your Android phone’s network lock:
- Step 1: Call your network provider and request the unlock code for your Android device.
- Step 2: They will ask for your IMEI number, which you should provide for them
- Step 3: Within five working days, they will provide you an unlock code that you may use to unlock your Android phone after inserting a SIM card from a different carrier.
This method demonstrates how to Carrier Unlock an Android phone by calling the network carrier’s customer service.
Method 2- How to Use Paid Services to Unlock Android to Any Network
If the previous method doesn’t work, try some of the paid Android SIM unlock apps accessible online, such as DoctorSIM Unlock Service, Unlock Base, Mobile Unlocked, and others. Almost all of these services operate similarly.
The steps below show how to unlock an Android using the service of paid professionals:
- Step 1: Go to the paid site you want to do your unlocking at and fill a form that contains the country of your network carrier services of your Android phone
- Step 2: Make the needed payment after entering your phone’s data, such as the IMEI number
- Step 3: You will receive an email with the unlock code within a few days. To unlock your Android phone, insert a SIM card from a different network provider and enter the unlock code.
This is the way you can unlock your android phone using the services of paid sites.
We have looked at how to unlock Android phones to any network and it’s now time we looked at how to unlock iOS phones.
Unlocking an iPhone to Any Network
If you’re the owner of an iPhone, you know how much it can cost to maintain your device. You also probably know that there are ways to lower your monthly bill by getting a new phone plan. But if you could unlock your current phone and get it onto another network, wouldn’t that be ideal?
To unlock an iPhone Using Your Network Provider, follow these four simple steps:
- Step 1: Contact your provider and request an unlock.
- Step 2: If you don’t have the original SIM, the phone will need to be reset before it can be unlocked.
- Step 3: Replace the old SIM card with a SIM card from a different network after powering down the phone.
- Step 4: Verify that the iPhone can connect to the new network and make a phone call.
Using An Unlocking Service Provided By A Third Party
Using a mobile phone unlocking service instead of calling your carrier and requesting them to unlock the iPhone is another option. The people who use these unlocking services likely got their iPhone from someone who hadn’t already unlocked it. Unlocking your iPhone with these sites is not always guaranteed because they aren’t always reliable, and we typically advise against it. If you do decide to use one, carefully read all of the details involved before purchasing, since they may surprise you with additional charges at the end of the transaction.
If you are interested in a third-party site then you can use Doctor SIM. This site provides unlocking services for Android phones and iPhones.
How To Tell Whether Your iPhone Unlock Was Successful?
The carrier will send you a confirmation once your phone has been unlocked. Now take the following steps:
- Hold the power button (or the power button and volume down if it’s an X-series iPhone) and swipe your finger across the screen as indicated to turn off the phone.
- To detach the SIM card holder from the phone’s side, use the SIM card tool (or a straightened paper clip, but ideally the correct tool).
- Take the old SIM card out of the holder. In the cardholder, insert your new SIM card from a different network.
- Remove the SIM card holder from the iPhone and replace it.
- Make a test call to ensure that the iPhone can connect to the new network. If that’s the case, it’s unlocked
These are some of the methods for unlocking a phone to any network of your choice. Keep a frequent backup of all the data on your phone to ensure that you don’t lose anything crucial in situations like the ones described above. A lot of people like to learn how to unlock a phone for free and that’s what this blog will teach you.
We hope we have provided you with all the instructions and tools needed to do it on your own without having to pay any money. This is a great skill if you’re traveling abroad where your international unlocked phone may not work on their network. It’s also really useful if you need an unlocked phone for work or school.
If you choose not to unlock your phone by yourself, there are plenty of companies out there that will do it for a small fee.