Spectrum is a popular provider of digital cable TV, Internet, telephone, and wireless services. Spectrum TV allows you to watch a large number of channels and TV programs. Now it brings the Spectrum TV App for smart televisions. Do you want to know what the Spectrum TV app can do for you? Well, it can really turn all your screens into TVs. This means that you can enjoy TV channels and on-demand TV programs through the app by connecting to the Internet. You can use this application anywhere in the world.
So, what devices are compatible with Spectrum TV App? You will be happy to know that the Spectrum TV app is currently available on various smart TVs and screen gadgets. You can even use the PC version of the Spectrum TV application. Continue reading this article to learn about its compatible devices.
What is Spectrum TV App
With the emergence of various OTT platforms, Spectrum TV has designed its own perfect TV channel application which allows you to watch your favorite TV channels on your smartphone or tablet, making life easier. The Spectrum TV app is designed to offer a series of major cable channels and on-demand content, which can be streamed through smart TVs, digital media players, and mobile apps. The Spectrum TV app is another addition to the unlimited benefits of a Spectrum subscription.
The Spectrum TV app is ready to take your TV viewing experience to a whole new level. You no longer need to sit in front of a TV screen to enjoy your favorite programs on a specific channel at a specific time, now you can watch TV entertainment anytime, anywhere! Having a picnic, commuting, dining and resting, or sitting alone in your favorite coffee shop and accessing your Spectrum TV app can add more fun and entertainment to everything.
- Watch hundreds of free TV channels and on-demand programs.
- Use your phone or tablet to change, record, delete and modify channels.
- Set up parental controls to keep your children away from adult programs or channels.
- Suitable for Spectrum Internet and other types of cellular data.
- Filter TV channels by channel number, category, program name, etc.
- Find your favorite show or channel by title, actor, or team name.
Cost of Spectrum TV App
Although we often see that all good things come at a price, the situation is different for the Spectrum TV App. Spectrum TV App is a free feature for those who subscribe to the Spectrum package. Therefore, you can download the application without paying any additional fees. In fact, you can access all the exciting TV content, on-demand shows, movies, etc., anytime, anywhere without paying any additional fees,
Prerequisites for Accessing the Spectrum TV App
If you have recently subscribed to a Spectrum plan, you should know that using the Spectrum App will require you to enter your credentials. You can first create your Spectrum username and password via Spectrum.net/login. Next, you can log in to the Spectrum TV application. It may take up to 72 hours or less to activate your account so that you can finally log in to the Spectrum application.
In addition to the Spectrum username and password, you need the following to use the application:
- Make sure your internet connection speed is at least 10 to 15 Mbps.
- You must pay all spectrum bills.
- You should have a real internet-connected device that works
- If you are at home, you can turn on location settings on your Android or Apple phone so that you can enjoy all the channels in the subscription package.
- You should be aware that when you are away from home, you may not be able to access certain channels. You can adjust the location settings to access the largest channel.
- Once you are outside the United States, the Spectrum TV app will not be available.
- You must use a device that supports Spectrum TV App.
Devices Compatible with the Spectrum TV App
The good news is that the Spectrum TV app is compatible with many devices, so there is no need to worry.
The following is a list of devices supported by the application:
- Amazon Devices
- Android device
- iOS device
- Xbox One
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
1. Amazon Devices
Spectrum TV App supports almost all Amazon devices except the first-generation Kindle Fire. In addition, you can download and use the Spectrum TV app on all other versions of Kindle Fire. If you want to check whether your Kindle Fire version is compatible with the Spectrum TV application, you can check Settings>Device>About and System Version. If it is a number greater than 6, your version of Kindle Fire will support the Spectrum application.
2. Android device
Almost all smartphones and tablets running on Android 5.0 or higher are compatible with the Spectrum TV app.
3. iOS device
iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iPod Touch and devices running on iOS or later are compatible with the Spectrum TV app. Just download them from the App Store and start streaming right away!
With the exception of the first-generation version, all Roku devices can access the Spectrum application. Therefore, you can use the Spectrum TV app on Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku Ultra, etc., and you can stream seamlessly through the Spectrum TV app.
5. Xbox One
All versions of Xbox One support the Spectrum TV application.
6. Samsung Smart TV
All Samsung Smart TV models launched in 2012 or later are compatible with the Spectrum TV App.
7. Vizio Smart TV
Vizio Smart TV enables you to download the Spectrum TV application and get an amazing streaming experience.
How to Download the Spectrum TV App
You can download the Spectrum TV app on various devices in different ways. These are
- Smartphones and tablets: You can download and access the Spectrum app by visiting Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Amazon devices: Download the Spectrum app from the Amazon App store.
- Roku and Apple TV: Select the search function and type “Spectrum TV” in it. Add it to your list of channels.
The Spectrum TV Application on PC
You can also easily use the Spectrum TV application on a Windows or Mac computer. The process is very simple, you don’t need to download any application.
You need to follow the guidelines below to use the Spectrum TV application on your PC:
- Step 1: Go to watch.spectrum.net from your computer browser. (Preferably Chrome)
- Step 2: If you already have a Spectrum account, please log in now.
- Step 3: You can also create a username from there.
- Step 4: After logging in, you can start watching any TV channel or TV program directly from your browser.
Since you will be able to stream TV and video shows, there is no need to download any apps. In addition, you can use the TV application from any operating system (including Mac, Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.). You will need a username to install the application in this way.
Here is how to create a username:
- Step 1: First log in to your Spectrum account (the account you use for the Internet service).
- Step 2: You will find the “Add new user” option. Click it to create a username.
- Step 3: Add users by entering the required information and permission level.
- Step 4: When the “success” message appears, you will be done.
Important FAQs on What Devices Are Compatible with Spectrum TV App
On how many devices can use the Spectrum TV app at once?
Within your Spectrum home internet network, there is no limit. Many devices can use the Spectrum TV app simultaneously. Outside this network, using Wi-Fi or mobile data, multiple streams are limited to two. If you exceed this, you may experience an error code.
How to overcome an error code if I experience one?
Errors can sometimes occur when there is an outage in the backend system. Mostly, you’ll want to restart the app and try again.
Can you use the Spectrum TV app without Spectrum TV cable service?
Spectrum’s only Choice TV plan is specifically for Spectrum internet customers who do not want a traditional cable subscription or set-top box. For $24.99 a month, you get 10 cable channels of your choice, as well as available local channels.
What channels are on the Spectrum TV app?
The channels you have available on the Spectrum TV app correspond to your Spectrum TV plan: Select, Silver, or Gold. However, not all channels are available outside of your home network.
What is the ‘Send to TV’ feature for?
The Spectrum TV App allows you to control cable set-top boxes. The “Send to TV” option on the app allows you to select the set-top box to which you want to transfer the content. If the content is live, the receiver’s set-top box will be tuned to that specific channel so that you can watch it seamlessly. If the content is on-demand, then you will have to use the remote control to buy it and play it.
How to set parental controls for TV channel apps?
Your parental controls settings from your SpectrumTV.com won’t carry over to TV channel apps. If you want to apply/manage parental controls for a TV channel app, use the Settings or Preferences within the app.
The Spectrum TV app is undoubtedly the best solution for all your entertainment needs while enjoying maximum convenience and flexibility. It is provided free of charge with the Spectrum subscription, which makes it even more fascinating. If you have any questions about the installation process, device compatibility, or encounter any issues, you can call Spectrum Customer Support at any time.
Hope this article has given a great insight regarding the Spectrum TV app and what devices are compatible with Spectrum TV App.