Having a locked iPhone that you can’t access can be incredibly frustrating. Whether you forgot your passcode, your Face ID stopped working, or you bought a used iPhone that’s locked, not being able to use your device is a huge inconvenience.
Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to unlock your iPhone without needing the passcode or Face ID in 2023. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk through the top techniques for bypassing the lock screen and regaining access to your iPhone.
When Do You Need to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode?
There are a few common situations when you may need to bypass the lock screen on your iPhone:
- Forgotten passcode – If you set a passcode on your iPhone and later forget it, you’ll need to unlock the device without it. This is a very common reason to bypass the lock screen.
- iPhone is disabled – If you enter the wrong passcode too many times, the iPhone disables itself and requires connecting to iTunes to unlock.
- Changing passcode settings – Sometimes you need to unlock the iPhone without passcode to change settings related to the passcode, like turning off Find My iPhone or erasing the device.
- Purchased used/second-hand iPhone – When you buy a used or second-hand iPhone, it may still be locked to the previous owner’s Apple ID. Unlocking without the passcode lets you reset it.
- Passcode changed by prankster – If someone plays a prank and changes your iPhone’s passcode, you’ll need to bypass the new passcode you don’t know.
- iPhone is in Boot Loop – If your iPhone gets stuck in a boot loop, you may need to unlock it without passcode to resolve the issue.
- Repairing iPhone – Repair shops often need to unlock iPhones without the passcode in order to perform certain repairs on the device.
So in summary, forgotten passcodes, disabled devices, used iPhones, pranks, boot loops, and repairs are some common reasons you may need to bypass the lock screen without the code. Knowing your options for unlocking can help you regain access to your iPhone.
Is it Possible to Unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID?
Yes, it is possible to unlock an iPhone without needing the passcode or Face ID in several different ways:
- Using iTunes on a computer – You can connect the iPhone to a computer, put it in recovery mode, and restore it via iTunes. This will remove the passcode lock.
- iCloud unlock – If you have an iCloud backup, you can erase the iPhone remotely via iCloud.com. After erasing, you can set it up as new.
- Third party unlocking software – Tools like Tenorshare 4uKey and iMyFone LockWiper can bypass the lock screen up to iOS 15.
- Professional repair shops – Cell phone repair technicians have specialized tools to unlock iPhones by bypassing the activation lock.
- Draining the battery – If you drain the iPhone fully until it powers off, it may unlock when powered back on.
- TikTok hacks – Some DIY tricks on TikTok claim to unlock iPhones, like using Airplane mode or SOS mode.
So while not easy, there are several methods you can use to unlock an iPhone without the passcode or Face ID. The best options are to use a computer with iTunes or iCloud website if you have a backup.
Before we dive into the step-by-step unlocking methods, let’s go over a few requirements:
- You’ll need access to a computer with iTunes installed. This is necessary for many of the passcode bypass techniques.
- If unlocking via iTunes, you’ll need the latest version installed. Older versions of iTunes may not work properly.
- Some methods only work on specific iPhone models and iOS versions. We’ve noted these requirements in each section.
- You’ll need an active internet connection for most bypass options. This allows the iPhone to communicate with Apple’s servers during the unlock process.
- Make sure you have the correct USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. The cable is needed for bypassing via iTunes.
- Back up your device data beforehand if possible. Some unlocking methods may erase content on your iPhone.
Okay, with the prerequisites covered, let’s get into the step-by-step unlocking instructions!
Method 1: Unlock with iTunes
One of the most reliable ways to bypass an iPhone’s lock screen is by using iTunes on a computer. This method works for many iPhone models and iOS versions.
Here are the steps to unlock an iPhone passcode with iTunes:
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes
First, make sure you have the most up-to-date iTunes version installed on your computer. You can download the latest iTunes from Apple’s website here.
Older versions of iTunes may not work properly for unlocking the iPhone. The latest version ensures maximum compatibility.
2. Connect the iPhone to your computer
Use the USB cable that came with your iPhone to connect it to the computer. Make sure the phone is powered on.
If you see a “Trust This Computer?” message on the iPhone, tap “Trust” to establish a connection.
3. Select your iPhone in iTunes
Open iTunes on your computer. You should see your iPhone model with either a phone icon or an iTunes logo next to it.
Click on the phone icon/logo to select your device in iTunes.
4. Put the iPhone into recovery mode
To bypass the lock screen, you’ll need to put the iPhone into recovery mode:
- For iPhone 8 or earlier: Press and hold the Home button while connecting the USB cable to your computer. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone X or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Next, press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery screen.
You’ll see a “Connect to iTunes” screen with an illustration of a USB cable. This means your device is in recovery mode.
5. Click Restore iPhone in iTunes
With your iPhone in recovery mode and connected to iTunes, click “Restore iPhone” on the Summary screen in iTunes.
This will start the restore process and bypass the passcode.
Warning: This will erase all content and settings on your iPhone and restore it to factory default settings. So only use this method if you have no other way to unlock the device and you have backups.
6. Set up the iPhone as new after restore
Once the restore is complete, you’ll be able to set up the iPhone from scratch without needing the previous passcode.
You can then restore an iTunes or iCloud backup to get your apps and data back onto the iPhone after it’s unlocked.
And that’s it! Using iTunes to force your iPhone into recovery mode and restore will bypass the forgotten passcode. Just make sure you have a recent backup so you don’t lose all your data.
Method 2: Unlock with iCloud
If you have an active iCloud backup on your locked iPhone, you may be able to use iCloud to bypass the passcode. Here are the steps:
1. Erase iPhone via iCloud.com
Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID that’s associated with the locked iPhone.
Under “Find My iPhone”, select your device and click Erase iPhone at the bottom.
This will remotely erase your iPhone, bypassing the passcode.
2. Set up the iPhone as new
Once erased, your iPhone will boot up without the passcode lock. You can set it up as a new device.
3. Restore iCloud backup
After setup, restore your data and settings from the iCloud backup associated with your Apple ID. This will get your iPhone back to its previous state before it was locked.
The main catch with this method is that you’ll need an active internet connection on the iPhone in order for the remote erase to complete.
But if you have an internet connection and a recent iCloud backup, the iCloud unlock method works well.
Method 3: Unlock with Tenorshare 4uKey (iOS 12.3 & Older)
For older iOS versions, you can use third-party software like Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass iPhone passcodes. This works up to iOS 12.3.
Here are the steps to unlock with Tenorshare 4uKey:
1. Download and install 4uKey
Go to the Tenorshare website and download the 4uKey software. Install it on your computer.
Make sure you get the latest version that supports iOS 12.3 and earlier.
2. Connect iPhone to computer
Use a USB cable to connect your locked iPhone to the computer with 4uKey installed. Make sure the iPhone is turned on.
3. Put iPhone in recovery mode
Open 4uKey and put your iPhone into recovery mode following the on-screen instructions:
- iPhone 8 or earlier: Hold Home + Power buttons together until you see the recovery screen.
- iPhone X or later: Press Volume Up, Volume Down, then hold Power until you see the recovery screen.
4. Remove passcode with 4uKey
With your device in recovery mode, click the “Start” button in 4uKey to begin bypassing the passcode.
The software will automatically bypass the passcode without needing the code. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
After the unlock, your iPhone will boot up without the passcode lock so you can access the home screen again!
Tenorshare 4uKey provides an efficient bypass solution for iOS 12.3 and earlier. Just make sure you get the iOS version that’s compatible with your iPhone model.
Method 4: Unlock with iMyFone LockWiper (iOS 15 & Older)
For iOS devices running up to iOS 15, you can use iMyFone LockWiper to bypass iPhone passcodes. The steps are similar to 4uKey:
1. Download and install LockWiper
Get LockWiper from the iMyFone website. Install and open the software on your computer.
2. Connect iPhone and enter recovery
Connect your locked iPhone via USB and put it into recovery mode:
- iPhone 8 or earlier: Hold Home + Power
- Newer iPhones: Volume Up, Volume Down, Hold Power
3. Bypass passcode
In LockWiper, click “Start” to begin removing the passcode. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Within a few minutes, your iPhone passcode will be bypassed so you can access the device again!
For iOS versions up to 15, LockWiper reliably bypasses iPhone passcodes without needing the code itself.
Method 5: Unlock with Visit Repair Shop
As a last resort, you can take your locked iPhone to a reputable repair shop and have them unlock it for you.
Here’s the general process professional repair techs use:
- They put the iPhone into DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode by holding Power + Home for 10 seconds.
- The device is connected to specialized unlocking hardware/software to bypass the passcode.
- After unlocking completes, the iPhone reboots without the passcode lock.
- The repair tech will erase and restore the iPhone to factory settings as part of the process. So you’ll need to set it up as new afterwards.
While expensive, repair shops are usually successful in unlocking iPhones without passcodes. But the process does erase all data, so make sure your content is backed up beforehand.
How to Unlock iPhone Without Password: A Comprehensive Guide for 2023
In today’s world, our smartphones are an indispensable part of our lives, storing a wealth of personal information, sensitive data, and cherished memories. However, forgetting your iPhone passcode can turn this trusty companion into an impenetrable fortress, leaving you locked out of your own device.
Fear not, for this comprehensive guide will equip you with the knowledge and tools to unlock your iPhone without a password, regaining access to your digital life. Whether you’ve simply encountered a temporary lapse in memory or have lost your passcode altogether, this guide will provide a step-by-step solution tailored to your situation.
Understanding the Implications of Unlocking an iPhone Without a Password
Before delving into the unlocking methods, it’s crucial to understand the implications of bypassing the passcode security. Unlocking an iPhone without a password involves erasing the device’s data, effectively restoring it to factory settings. This means that all personal data, apps, and settings will be wiped clean, leaving you with a blank slate.
If you have a recent backup of your iPhone, you can restore your data once the unlocking process is complete. However, if you do not have a backup, all your data will be lost. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to regularly back up your iPhone to iCloud or a computer to prevent data loss in such situations.
Unlocking an iPhone Using iTunes or Finder
If you have synced your iPhone with a computer using iTunes or Finder, you can use these applications to erase your device and bypass the passcode. This method is recommended if you have a recent backup of your iPhone.
- A computer with iTunes or Finder installed
- USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Launch iTunes or Finder on your computer.
- Wait for your iPhone to be detected.
- If using iTunes, select your iPhone from the left-hand side panel. If using Finder, your iPhone will appear in the sidebar.
- Click the “Restore” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the restore process.
- iTunes or Finder will download and install the latest iOS software for your iPhone.
- Once the restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart and be ready to set up as a new device.
Unlocking an iPhone Using iCloud Find My iPhone
If you have enabled iCloud’s Find My iPhone feature, you can remotely erase your iPhone from any internet-connected device. This method is particularly useful if you have lost your iPhone or it is not physically accessible to you.
- An internet-connected device
- iCloud login credentials
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID credentials.
- Click on the “Find My iPhone” app.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click the “Erase iPhone” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the erase process.
- Once the erase process is complete, your iPhone will be remotely erased, and the passcode will be removed.
Unlocking an iPhone Using Third-Party Software
While iTunes, Finder, and iCloud provide official methods for unlocking an iPhone without a password, there are also third-party software tools available that claim to offer similar solutions. However, it’s important to exercise caution when using such tools, as they may not be as reliable or secure as Apple’s methods.
- Only use reputable third-party software from trusted developers.
- Carefully read reviews and user feedback before using any third-party software.
- Ensure that the software is compatible with your iPhone model and iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone data before attempting to unlock it using third-party software.
Forgetting your iPhone passcode can be a frustrating experience, but with the right tools and knowledge, you can regain access to your device. Remember to always back up your iPhone regularly to prevent data loss in such situations. If you encounter any difficulties during the unlocking process, don’t hesitate to contact Apple Support for assistance.
How to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode Using Computer
If you have access to a computer, you can unlock an iPhone without knowing the passcode using iTunes or third-party software. Here are the steps:
Using iTunes to Unlock iPhone
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Older versions may not work properly.
- Connect the locked iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes and select your iPhone.
- Put the iPhone in recovery mode:
- For iPhone 8 or earlier, hold Home button while connecting to computer
- For iPhone X or later, press Volume Up, Volume Down, then Hold Side button
- In iTunes, click Restore to bypass the passcode. This will erase the iPhone, so have a backup!
- Set up the freshly unlocked iPhone as new or restore a backup after unlocking.
Using Software to Unlock iPhone
- Download unlocking software like Tenorshare 4uKey or iMyFone LockWiper.
- Install the software on your computer and open the program.
- Connect the locked iPhone via USB cable.
- Put the iPhone into recovery mode based on the model.
- Click start in the software to bypass the passcode. Follow on-screen instructions.
- iPhone will reboot unlocked without the passcode! Restore data from backup.
The main benefit of using a computer to unlock iPhone is that you can do it yourself for free (or low cost for paid software). Just make sure you have device backups before erasing!
How to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode Without Computer or iTunes
If you don’t have access to a computer with iTunes, there are still some options for bypassing the lock screen:
Use iCloud Website
- Go to iCloud.com and login to the iCloud account linked to your iPhone.
- Select Find My iPhone and click “Erase iPhone” to wipe it remotely. This removes the passcode.
- Downside is it requires an internet connection on the iPhone to communicate with Apple servers and complete the erase.
Use Siri to Call Emergency Contact
- If you have Cellular Data or Wifi on the locked iPhone, you can use Siri to call an emergency contact who can help unlock it.
- Say “Hey Siri, call mom” or “Hey Siri, call my husband.” Siri will place the call on locked iPhones.
- You can then work with your emergency contact to unlock it via iCloud or take it to a repair shop.
Take it to Phone Repair Store
- Cell phone repair stores have specialized tools to unlock iPhones without passcodes or computers.
- They can insert an SIM card and bypass the activation lock, or connect the device to unlocking hardware/software.
- Downsides are cost (usually $50-$100) and losing data when they erase the iPhone.
Wait for Battery to Die
- If you wait long enough on an iPhone with no power connected, the battery will fully drain and it will power off.
- When you charge and turn it back on, it should be unlocked and ready to be set up fresh. Can take days to weeks though.
So in summary, iCloud website, Siri, repair shops, and fully drained battery provide some options to unlock an iPhone without computer access. Each method has pros and cons.
How to Use Popular TikTok Methods for Unlocking iPhone
TikTok is filled with DIY videos for unlocking iPhones without the passcode. Some of the most popular TikTok unlocking methods include:
Airplane Mode Trick
- On the locked iPhone, toggle on Airplane Mode from the lock screen.
- Close all apps from the app switcher, including Settings if opened.
- Power off the iPhone completely.
- Turn the iPhone back on after 1-2 minutes. It may now be unlocked and require setup.
Emergency Call Trick
- On the lock screen, tap Emergency Call. Dial any number.
- When call screen appears, quickly press the Side or Home button.
- The call will get dropped. Check if the iPhone is now unlocked on the home screen.
SOS Mode Trick
- Rapidly click the Side button 5 times to trigger SOS Emergency mode.
- Tap Cancel to exit. The iPhone may exit SOS and be on the unlocked home screen.
- Plug the iPhone into a wall charger while turned on at lock screen.
- As soon as the charging symbol appears, unplug the charger quickly.
- The disruptive charging may have unlocked the iPhone in some instances.
These TikTok tricks are hit or miss but worth a try if you have no other unlocking options. Perform them at your own risk as they could damage software or hardware when done excessively. Most are more effective on older iPhone models with worn buttons/ports.
Does Factory Reset Delete Everything on iPhone?
Yes, performing a factory reset will delete everything on your iPhone.
Here’s an overview of what gets erased when you factory reset an iPhone:
- All apps and data – Any apps, games, music, photos, messages, documents, and other data stored on the iPhone will be deleted. Even content synced from iCloud may be erased.
- Account information – Account settings, emails, contacts, calendar events, and any other information associated with accounts on the iPhone will be removed.
- Home screen layout – Your app icons and home screen organization will go back to the default layout.
- Settings – All settings including WiFi networks, Bluetooth pairings, accessibility options will be reset to factory defaults.
- Touch ID and Face ID – Any fingerprints or facial data registered for unlocking the iPhone will be deleted.
Essentially the iPhone will return to the state it was in when you first took it out of the box. The only thing that remains untouched is the iOS operating system itself.
So unless you have a backup, performing a factory reset results in permanent erasure of everything from the iPhone’s storage. Be sure to fully back up your data beforehand if possible. And only factory reset as a last resort when absolutely needed.
Tips for Avoiding Locked Out iPhones
Once you successfully unlock your passcode-locked iPhone using one of the above methods, take steps to avoid getting locked out again:
- Set a memorable passcode – Using an easy-to-remember 6-digit passcode can prevent you from forgetting it again. Avoid complex codes.
- Write down the passcode – Keep a written copy of your iPhone passcode in a secure place in case you forget it.
- Enable biometrics – Use Touch ID or Face ID if your iPhone supports it. These let you unlock without remembering a passcode.
- Make an iCloud backup – Regularly back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes so you don’t lose data if forced to erase the device.
- Sign out of iCloud before selling/trading in – Remember to sign out of iCloud before selling or trading in your iPhone to avoid locks from Activation Lock.
- Avoid software updates – Don’t update old iPhones to newer iOS versions that eliminate certain unlocking methods. Stick with the current iOS for more options.
That covers the top methods for unlocking an iPhone without the passcode or Face ID in 2023! The key options include using iTunes, iCloud, third-party software like 4uKey and LockWiper, and professional repair shops.
The easiest method that works on most devices is using iTunes to force restore the iPhone, bypassing the forgotten passcode. Just make sure you have a current backup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are some frequently asked questions about unlocking an iPhone without passcode or Face ID:
What is the easiest way to unlock an iPhone without passcode?
The easiest way is to use iTunes on a computer. Connect the iPhone, put it in recovery mode, and restore it. iTunes will bypass the passcode. Just make sure you have a backup first!
Can I unlock an iPhone if I forgot my passcode?
Yes, if you forgot your passcode, you can still unlock the iPhone using iTunes, iCloud, third-party software, repair shops, or draining the battery completely.
How do I unlock an iPhone without password or computer?
If you don’t have a computer, try erasing the iPhone remotely through iCloud.com. Or take it to a phone repair store – they have specialized tools to unlock iPhones without computers.
Is there any free software to unlock iPhone passcode?
Tenorshare 4uKey and iMyFone LockWiper offer free trial versions you can use to unlock an iPhone once for free before needing to purchase the full software.
Will factory reset remove Apple ID from iPhone?
Yes, a factory reset will remove the Apple ID account from the iPhone. But it will also erase all your data, so make sure you have a backup.
Can Siri bypass iPhone lock screen?
While Siri cannot unlock the iPhone directly, you can use Siri to call an emergency contact on a locked iPhone. They can then help you unlock it remotely via iCloud.
If I reset my iPhone, will it unlock without password?
Yes, resetting or restoring your iPhone via iTunes or Settings will erase the passcode and allow you to set up the device again without needing the previous password.