We all have one, whether we want to admit it or not. Our cell phone is usually the first thing to connect us with people and information. In a way, it can be our lifeline. Unfortunately, there are times where our phone just won’t connect to a certain wireless network that we need it to. Sometimes the software update is too old, or it just needs to be unlocked for international use.
However, that’s not an issue anymore. You can now unlock your phone to any network that you want, whether it’s prepaid or post-paid. It is a shame that sometimes we have to lose our phones just because they are not compatible with the network that we need them for. One of the most frustrating experiences for some Samsung Galaxy customers is discovering that their phone is SIM locked to a certain network.
At first, you might be happy to get a high-end phone for a low price that comes with a SIM lock. However, you will find that it is quite inconvenient in the long run if you are unable to use a SIM card from another network when traveling. If you’re faced with this same predicament, don’t panic. This article will show you an easy way to unlock a Samsung phone to any network for free.
How to Unlock a Samsung Phone to Any Network for Free
Every day, millions of people around the world use their Samsung Galaxys to make calls, send messages, take pictures, and more. However, most of these people are stuck with their phones being locked to one carrier, which means they might have to pay extra for calls outside of this network. If you’re sick of paying exorbitant rates just to get your phone unlocked for another carrier, follow the methods that we would be discussing below;
Method 1- Contacting Samsung Support
This approach will remove the carrier-installed lock on your Samsung, which is generally the case if you bought the phone on a contract or subsidy. It will free of charge offer you a Samsung network unlock code. Once your phone is unlocked, you may use it with different cellular operators, eliminating any restrictions they may have placed on it. Follow the steps below to unlock your phone through Samsung Support;
- Step 1: Find out what your IMEI number is. As a general rule, do not use the IMEI on the back of the device; instead, enter *#06# on your phone’s dial pad. Keep the screen with the IMEI on or bring it back up after you start the chat since you’ll need this number for step 3 below.
- Step 2: Begin a live conversation with Samsung. Go to Samsung’s Contact Page and select “Live Chat” as the first option. Some locations may just provide a chat box with the option to start a conversation.
- Step 3: It is important to know what to say in the chat since it helps boost your chances of getting an unlock code from Samsung. You should tell them you bought a phone from Samsung’s website and you would want an unlock code. The representative would ask for your phone IMEI number, Model of your mobile device, email address, and the carrier it’s locked to. After this, you would be given a code for unlocking your phone.
- Step 4: Use the Unlock Code to unlock your phone. To do this, off your phone and insert the new SIM you want to use. Power on your phone again and this round you would be asked to input an unlock code. Enter the code you received from Samsung Support. After inputting the code, your phone should now be unlocked.
Method 2- Requesting an Unlock Code from Network Provider
After you’ve completed your contract with the carrier, you’ll receive a unique sim network unlock pin for your Samsung Galaxy SIM unlock for free. All network carrier’s terms and conditions may be different. You may start by checking your contract or visiting the carrier’s website.
Carriers would almost certainly offer a Samsung Galaxy SIM unlock code if you meet all of the conditions and inform them, you’re traveling overseas and want to buy a local SIM at your destination. Following the steps below will allow you to unlock your Samsung Galaxy for free after you have received the unlock code.
- Step 1: Turn off your Galaxy, and open your Sim tray and remove the old carrier Sim and replace it with the new network Sim you want to unlock to after receiving the free Samsung Galaxy SIM unlock code. This code would be unique and it is this unlock that you will use for the unlocking of your phone.
- Step 2: Switch on your Samsung Galaxy. After your phone is on, check to see that your device connects to the new network, it will prompt you for an unlock code.
- Step 3: Correctly enter the code. Make sure you type the code exactly. If the code is input incorrectly numerous times, the phone will be locked automatically, and only the carrier will be able to unlock it. You will successfully switch to the new network after inputting the right code.
After following the steps shown above, your phone should now be unlocked, and you can now use other networks of your choice on your Samsung phone.
Method 3- Free Unlock Samsung Phones Using Galaxy Apps
There are some apps that help you unlock your Samsung phone for free in the Galaxy apps store. If you don’t want to go to the network service outlet and ask for the Sim unlock code, you may use the GalaxSIM Unlock app to unlock your Samsung Galaxy. The most popular and finest app for unlocking your Samsung Galaxy is GalaxSIM Unlock.
It has received up to 1 million downloads and has a 4.3/5 average rating. It is far less expensive than paying the network and unlocking the SIM. Follow the simple steps below to use the GalaxSIM Unlock app to unlock your Samsung phone.
- Step 1: Download and install GalaxSIM. In the Google Play Store, look for GalaxSIM Unlock and download it. Then follow the on-screen directions to install it on your Samsung smartphone.
- Step 2: Open the GalaxSIM Unlock app after the install. You can do this by clicking on the app icon on your phone homepage screen and allow the app to run on your Samsung Phone.
- Step 3: Use the app to detect the status of your device. The app comes with an unlocking tool that can detect whether your phone is “Locked” or “Unlocked”. If it’s locked, proceed with the next step to unlock it.
- Step 4: Get your smartphone unlocked. To begin unlocking your smartphone, press the “Unlock” button. Wait a few seconds, and you’ll be notified that your device has been successfully unlocked.
GalaxSIM Unlock Alternatives
GalaxSIM Unlock is without a doubt the greatest SIM unlock tool available. There are, however, several great and powerful SIM unlocking apps available. We’ve put together a list of the best three GalaxSIM Unlock options for you to consider.
Alternative 1- Using SIM Network Unlock Pin
SIM Network Unlock Pin allows you to use any GSM network in the globe to unlock your phone via code. You may utilize SIM Network Unlock Pin to unlock not only Samsung devices, but also LG, HTC, Motorola, Huawei, and other Android devices, as opposed to GalaxSIM Unlock. The steps below show how to use SIM Network Unlock Pin to unlock your Samsung phone.
- Step 1: Search for and download SIM Network, Unlock Pin. Install it on your phone after the download. Fill in information about your device, such as phone model, country, network, and IMEI number, after downloading the app.
- Step 2: Make your payment. You can pay with a credit card or your PayPal account if you wish to unlock your phone. PayPal will handle all of your payment options.
- Step 3: You will receive your unlock code after the payment is successful. Wait for the email to arrive in your inbox. After that, you’ll receive an unlock code. You can quickly unlock your Android phone by simply entering the code into your phone.
Alternative 2- Using Unlock My Phone App
Unlock My Phone software unlocks over 11,000 handset models from all major manufacturers, including iPhone, Nokia, Motorola, LG, HTC, Samsung, and others, on over 900 networks. Unlock My Phone software, unlike GalaxSIM Unlock, has built a wonderful collection of features that allow you to supply unlock codes to yourself. Follow the steps below to use this app;
- Step 1: Install the Unlock My Phone application. Unlock My Phone is a free program that you can download and install on your locked Samsung phone This software is can be easily found on the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Fill up your phone’s details. Fill in your phone model, country, network, and IMEI for your smartphone according to the instructions. Remember to provide your email address as well.
- Step 3: After your order is processed, you will receive an email from them with your “Unique Unlock Code” that can be used to unlock your phone. Just follow the instructions that come with the email on how to use the unlock code to unlock your phone.
Alternative 3- Using IMEI Unlocker
The imei-unlocker.com service’s official Android application is IMEI Unlocker. It’s one of the simplest and safest ways to unlock your phone’s factory settings. This GalaxSIM Unlock option ensures the lowest price and quickest turnaround for unlocking your phone. It also works with Samsung, Huawei, LG, Blackberry, Nokia, and other Android devices.
- Step 1: Start IMEI Unlocker. To begin, just launch IMEI Unlocker, a fantastic replacement for GalaxSIM Unlock. In the menu screen, click the “Unlock” button from the dashboard.
- Step 2: Select your phone’s model. After that, you choose the carrier your phone is currently locked to, the device’s phone model. After that, enter your IMEI number.
- Step 3: Get your Samsung phone unlocked. Following payment, you will receive the unlock code by email or SMS as soon as the order is completed. And you can now use the code sent to you to successfully unlock your phone for good.
These are the alternatives to GalaxSIM Unlock and you can use them to unlock your phone with ease and be sure your phone would be unlocked for good.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the status of unlocking a Samsung phone in terms of legality?
In the United Kingdom, unlocking your smartphone is legal. Each of the UK networks has an unlocking technique, however, some need you to pass through a lot of hoops. Some third-party firms have made arrangements with the networks to unlock a Samsung phone without making it difficult. Although we focus on Samsung Galaxy phones, we also have sections dedicated to unlocking LG phones.
Why should unlock your Samsung Phone
Unlocking your phone has many benefits. Unlocking your smartphone can improve its resale value by up to 100%, in addition to allowing you to use it on any network. By unlocking your phone, you are also being more environmentally conscious. Others can utilize your device after you’ve updated it.
How Can I Find Out If My Cricket Phone Is Locked?
To find out whether your phone is locked or not, just switch the SIMs, if the new SIM works well then, your phone is not locked, if not then it is locked and you need to unlock it.
Mobile phones are an integral part of our daily lives. Samsung is a manufacturer of mobile phones that are based in South Korea. Samsung is one of the biggest brands worldwide, and they’re mostly known because of their outstanding quality. Many people choose this brand because they’re trustworthy and because they can offer the best quality. The company exports their products all around the world, so you can find them almost anywhere.
Of course, Samsung produces many types of mobile phones. One of the most popular models is the Galaxy phone. These are very affordable smartphones with various features and a very attractive design. Moreover, Samsung is focused on innovating new technologies every year so they can offer better products. A Samsung is a manufacturer of mobile phones that are based in South Korea. Samsung is one of the biggest brands worldwide, and they’re mostly known because of their outstanding quality. Many people choose this brand because they’re trustworthy and because they can offer the best quality.
The company exports their products all around the world, so you can find them almost anywhere. Of course, Samsung produces many types of mobile phones. One of the most popular models is the Galaxy phone. These are very affordable smartphones with various features and a very attractive design. Moreover, Samsung is focused on innovating new technologies every year so they can offer better products.
They provide us with a lot of information and keep us connected to friends and loved ones. They can also be used for many different purposes, such as business tools, toys, games, and entertainment. If you’re having problems connecting your phone to a certain network, use one of the methods discussed above to help you out.