A cricket phone requires a Password or Unique Unlock Code (UIC) that is set by the Cricket Wireless representative. The UIC cannot be changed and will not display on the screen. Unfortunately, the majority of us have found ourselves stuck in a situation where we’re not able to unlock a Cricket phone without knowing the UIC. But there are some ways to go about how to unlock a Cricket phone without password.
It’s a serious problem that isn’t going away anytime soon. One thing that can make it very difficult to get through the process of unlocking your Cricket phone is if you are out of contract or need an International wireless plan, which is not default with all Cricket devices. Then, the UIC isn’t available to you unless you purchased it from Cricket or purchased a new iPhone and there’s no way to transfer it over.
Also, you purchased a Cricket phone and changed your mind, purchased a new phone from another carrier or have been out of contract with your carrier for more than 60 days, your Cricket device will have been marked as an OUTBOUND DEVICE. This means that there is no way to revert back to a full active service on this phone without purchasing a new contract or making the SIM cards active again and while it can be frustrating to deal with, this article will show you how to unlock your cricket phone if you do not have your password.
- Is it Possible to Use it on Any Network After it has Been Unlocked?
- Is Cricket GSM or CDMA?
- How to Unlock a Cricket Phone without the Password?
- How Can I Find Out If My Cricket Phone Is Locked?
- What’s the Unlock Code/Password for Cricket Phones?
- What Is the Time It Takes to Unlock a Cricket Phone?
- Final Word
Is it Possible to Use it on Any Network After it has Been Unlocked?
This question does not have a simple yes or no answer. GSM and CDMA are the two main types of carrier networks. The phone can only connect to other carriers that use the same network type as the one it was originally linked to. If your phone is locked to a GSM network, you’ll only be able to connect to other GSM networks after unlocking it (and not any CDMA networks).
Is Cricket GSM or CDMA?
Cricket used to be a CDMA provider before merging with AT&T (a GSM service) in 2015. Since then, AT&T has converted Cricket’s CDMA network to a GSM network. One thing to keep in mind is that phones locked to the GSM network cannot be switched to the CDMA network after unlocking.
If your Cricket phone was manufactured before 2015, you may only use it after unlocking on CDMA carriers (such as Sprint, Verizon, or US Cellular). Your unlocked Cricket phone is only compatible with GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile if it was manufactured after 2015.
How to Unlock a Cricket Phone without the Password?
If you have a Cricket phone, it may have a lock that stops it from connecting to other suitable wireless networks. Cricket will offer the unlock code if you meet the following unlocking conditions:
- The device you wish to unlock has been in active operation for at least six (6) months.
- The gadget is only compatible with Cricket’s network and is locked to it.
- There have been no reports of the gadget being lost or stolen.
- There is no evidence that the gadget is linked to a fake account.
Check to see whether your Cricket Wireless device has a SIM lock. If you’re not sure if your phone is locked to Cricket Wireless or not, you may check by inserting a SIM card from another carrier into the same phone.
The steps for checking are as follows:
- First, turn off the phone.
- Remove the Cricket Wireless SIM card and store it somewhere safe (it is required for the SIM Unlock).
- Insert a SIM card from a different carrier into the smartphone.
- Turn on your phone.
- If the handset is SIM Unlocked, it will activate normally and the device may be used to make calls as long as the SIM is valid with the server.
- If you see a notification that reads “SIM Locked,” “SIM Network Unlock Pin,” “Network Locked,” or “Enter Network PIN,” your device is SIM locked, and you must contact your carrier to have it unlocked.
If you meet the requirements listed above, you can proceed to the first method to unlock your Cricket phone without the password.
Method 1) Using My Accounts to Request A Cricket Unlock Code
“My Account” allows you to keep track of all of your Cricket information in one convenient location. You can manage your account, pay your payment, modify your plan, add services, and more.
You may request a network unlock code for free using your Cricket account, and here’s how:
- Step 1: Open your web browser and Sign up for an account on the Cricket website.
- Step 2: Go to the Account Settings page and select Get Code from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Click Request Unlock after selecting the phone number you wish to unlock.
- Step 4: Insert the new SIM card and input the code when you get it.
After following these steps your phone should be unlocked and ready to accept other suitable wireless networks.
Method 2) Using myCricket App to Unlock Your Phone
You may use the myCricket App to make payments, see data, alter your plan, and add features. It’s all possible with your smartphone. The myCricket app allows you to manage your Cricket account even on the road. The myCricket app is easy to set up. On Android handsets purchased through Cricket, the software is already installed.
For Apple devices, or if you bring your own smartphone, you’ll need to download the app. To unlock a Cricket phone, you may need to utilize the myCricket app, depending on the handset you’re trying to unlock. The best aspect about this approach is that you don’t have to input a SIM network unlock code or password since the software does it for you.
Follow the steps below to unlock your phone using myCricket app;
- Step 1: If you don’t already have it, download and set up the myCricket app (you can download the app from the app store) and install it on your phone.
- Step 2: Open the app and log out of your existing account.
- Step 3: Unlock your device by tapping Unlock Device option on the main menu of the app.
- Step 4: Your phone will now be unlocked, and you may complete the process by rebooting it.
Following these simple steps would unlock your phone even without a password and if it does not unlock, try restarting your phone and go over the steps again.
Method 3) How to Unlock a Cricket Phone Without Having a Cricket Account
An alternative way of unlocking your phone is unlocking through your Cricket account. You can use an unlocking service like DirectUnlocks if you don’t have a phone that is qualified for unlocking or if you were dissatisfied with the experience, you had while seeking an unlock.
DirectUnlocks is a website that helps people unlock their phones without having to pay for expensive unlock codes. People want unlocked phones so they can use them with multiple carriers in different countries without having to pay roaming charges, or simply because they don’t have the money for a carrier contract. Regardless of their reasons being either financial or travel-related, DirectUnlocks is trying to make it as easy as possible for people to get an unlocked.
DirectUnlocks provides you with the following services;
- Turning off of the carrier lock on iPhones and Android phones.
- Carrier locks from hundreds of carriers may be effectively removed. Removes your phone’s carrier lock remotely (no need to ship it elsewhere).
- Within 24 hours, your carrier locks are removed.
- Prices are really low, and if they don’t work, you’ll receive your money returned in full.
When we consider the difficulty that carrier locks cause to our devices, paying a fee of $28 is a bargain when compared to the cost of certain other services. If you are interested in the services that they provide and you would want to utilize DirectUnlocks to unlock your Cricket phone, you’re in luck – simply follow the instructions below.
- Step 1: Open your internet browser and go to the DirectUnlocks Cricket Unlock page.
- Step 2: After that, input the phone’s IMEI number, which can be found by dialing *#06#, and then select Unlock your Cricket phone.
- Step 3: You’ll be asked for a few personal data on the next page, and then you’ll be asked to enter your payment information.
- Step 4: Your order will begin processing after you have completed the payment.
- You will receive the unlock code for your Android phone within 6 hours.
- For iPhone, they will unlock your iPhone within 24 hours.
So, these are the steps you can take to get your phone unlock with DirectUnlocks.
How Can I Find Out If My Cricket Phone Is Locked?
So, before you go ahead and try to unlock your phone, spend a few minutes to double-check that it is indeed locked. If it turns out that your phone isn’t locked, you can switch carriers right away.
1) Check Settings
One way you can find out whether your device is locked or not is by checking your phone mobile data settings. This is very easy to do and you can do it yourself by following the steps below;
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” app and choose “Mobile Data” followed by “Mobile Data Options.”
- Step 2: Look for the “Mobile Data Network” option.
If you see this option, it usually implies a carrier lock is active, and you’ll need to use unlocking procedures to get it unlocked.
2) Switching of Sim Cards
If you want to be sure a carrier lock isn’t active, consider swapping your SIM card. It will just take a few minutes to complete. Follow these steps to verify is your phone is locked or not;
- Step 1: First, you need to remove your Cricket SIM card.
- Step 2: Now Insert any other carrier’s SIM card into the phone.
- Step 3: Restart your phone, and check to see if the new SIM card you have inserted is active or not.
There is no active carrier lock if the phone connects to the carrier and you may make phone calls and send texts after doing so. If it does not connect, however, there is a lock.
What’s the Unlock Code/Password for Cricket Phones?
Cricket unlock code is a pin that the carrier generates that may be used to unlock Cricket phon es. Please keep in mind that this code is just for Android phones and is unique to each one.
What Is the Time It Takes to Unlock a Cricket Phone?
It’s all up to you. It will take less than an hour if you are qualified to request an unlock code from Cricket or utilize the myCricket App. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay for an unlock service that might take up to 24 hours.
Carrier locks have been around for a long time, but more people have been aware of them and how they influence our phones in recent years. The main issue with a carrier lock is that it confines the phone to a single carrier, which means you won’t be able to use a SIM card from another network. Now that you have gone through this article, you should be able to unlock your Cricket phone yourself or with the help of Cricket Customer support without any struggles. Various methods have been treated in this article with simple do to steps that would enable you to unlock a Cricket phone all by yourself.
DirectUnlocks is the best option to unlock a Cricket phone safely and securely in the event you are not able to unlock your phone with the customer support. If you meet the unlocking requirements for your account type, unlocking your Cricket phone is pretty simple. That concludes our explanation on how to unlock Cricket phones without password and the many methods you may use to do so.